How to clean your Air Force 1 sneakers like a pro
Over the past 40 years, Air Force 1s have developed into a wardrobe staple, with a classic, versatile silhouette that has left its unmistakable footprint on the worlds of basketball, hip-hop, high-fashion and streetwear. Having a go-to pair of sneakers you can rely on is a valuable thing - but when you rock them all the time, it’s tough to keep them clean. And that’s particularly true if you love to rock the white on whites.
The good news is our water-based, biodegradable Footwear Cleaner works great on pretty much any material your AF1s consist of, from premium leather, to flyknit, suede, and more. And the even better news is the better care you take of your Air Force 1s, the longer they last. The longer their lifespan, the lower their environmental impact.
How to clean your Air Force 1's like a pro
What you need to clean your AF1s:
- Footwear Cleaner
- Microfiber cloth
- Two bowls of warm water
Quick tip: our Cleaning Kit has all the tools you need to give your AF1s a deep clean. Check out our Cleaning Kit here >
Time: 10-20 mins (Depending on the level of dirt).
The easy way to clean your AF1s
- Remove the laces and let them soak in some warm water mixed with a squirt of our Footwear Cleaner.
For a full run-down on how to clean your laces, click HERE.
- Brush off any dirt or dust on the surface. Then, dip your brush into a separate bowl of warm water, and apply a generous amount of our Footwear Cleaner gel to the bristles.
- Scrub firmly in circular motions to foam the solution. Start with the uppers and move to the midsole. Leave the sole until last so you don’t spread any of the dirt from underneath.
- Once you’re satisfied, wipe away the remaining foam and moisture with the microfiber cloth.
- Remove your laces from the water. Squeeze the microfiber cloth along the length of the laces.
- Leave your sneakers and laces to air dry. To avoid discoloration or deformation when drying, avoid direct sunlight or placing them on a heater.
- Once dry, lace them up and you’re ready to rock!
Pro tip: If you have a particularly stubborn stain in the canvas of your Air Force 1's, try our Spot Cleaner. Rub the solution In circular motions into the stain to lift and absorb it.
That’s it! The simple, sustainable way to clean your Air Force 1 sneakers.
How to protect your AF1s?
To keep them stain-free and waterproof, we recommend applying our bestselling Footwear Protector and get them waterproof and stain-proof in minutes, check out our step-by-step guide: Click Here.
And if the smell of your AF1s is turning you off, a quick blast of our Footwear Refresher will get them fresh again in 24 hours.